- All student vehicles parked on the Westwood campus must display a valid, current school year hang tag issued by Westwood High.
- In order for a student to register for a parking permit, the student must have a valid drivers license, have all school fees paid, and provide proof that they have completed the Alive @ 25 safety course.
- Parking tags cost $25, paid in the Fees Office. With receipt, students may pick up parking hang tags from Janet Frick in Room 612.
- All vehicles parking on campus without a valid parking tag hanging from the rear-view mirror will be booted and the student will be fined $25 for boot removal. Boots will not be removed until the fine has been paid in full.
- If your parking tag is lost or stolen, you must replace it at a cost of $25.
- PLEASE KEEP YOUR VEHICLES LOCKED AT ALL TIMES.
- Temporary parking is available for $5 per day. See Mrs. Frick in Student Activities in room 612 before first period begins. A student may have no more than five temporary parking days in the school year.
The presence of unregistered or uninsured vehicles on campus poses a potential safety hazard to our students, our employees and our guests. The schedule of parking fines is as follows:
- WHS parking hang tag not displayed $25.00
- Parked in wrong space $25.00
- Parked on yellow line/curb $25.00
- Failure to obey traffic signs $25.00
- Parked on red curb $100.00
- Illegal use of a handicapped space $200.00
- Speeding on school property and reckless driving (such as driving across parking spaces or around/over barricade devices or any potentially dangerous action) will result in a $50 fine. The second offense will result in the line and the loss of parking privileges.
Automotive sound systems must be turned off while on campus. Failure to do so may result in a loss of parking privileges.
A student may not drive a vehicle on campus that is not properly registered to him/her or his/her parent or legal guardian. Students may not drive/park on campus during the school day without registering with the administrator in charge of parking. Non-registered vehicles may be booted, ticketed, and/or towed without notice.
Students who have purchased a parking pass may NOT allow another student to use their parking tag. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your parking tag and privileges.
Students are not to be in vehicles or the parking lot during the school day without permission. Students should not loiter in/at cars upon arrival on campus or following dismissal. A student who uses/allows the vehicle to be used in violation of school rules is subject to the loss of the driving/parking privilege. Students leaving without permission during school hours may be denied parking privileges for the remainder of the school year or the next full semester.
Students with parking privileges who take underclassmen off campus at lunch may be denied permission to leave campus, and parking privileges will be suspended. No refunds will be issued to any student who loses his/her parking privileges for any reason.
Students who drive to/park on school property are responsible for knowing all rules and guidelines printed here, in the Parking Regulations and on all parking related forms.
Students are to observe the following:
- Speed limit in parking lot: 5 MPH
- Underclassmen are to park only in white-lined spaces not designated for faculty parking.
- Seniors may park in red-lined spaces in front of the 700 hallway. Once these spaces are full, Seniors park in spaces outlined by white lines.
- Students parking in faculty areas will have their parking privileges revoked and may receive other disciplinary consequences.
- After properly parking and securing your vehicle, you must leave the parking area. Parking lots are off limits to students during the day, except during lunch for Seniors only, or after dismissal from school.
- Students are not allowed to use vehicles as lockers.
- Senior parking tags are to be used only by Seniors on a car that is owned by that Senior or the Senior’s immediate family. Underclassmen may not use a Senior tag, even if a Senior rides in that car. Seniors will forfeit their parking tag if it is used by an underclassman.
Print and complete the parking application
, including parent signature, and return to Mrs. Janet Frick in Student Activities