Tuesday, April 18 - State Testing
Langford students will soon be taking the state standardized assessments. We know that all of our labs are well prepared and will give their best effort. Remember to get a good night's sleep and have a healthy breakfast.
SC Ready for Grades 3-5
ELA Session I Writing: May 9
ELA Session II Reading: May 10
Math: May 11
SC Pass for Grades 3-5
Science: May 16
*Field Test Writing- Text Dependent Analysis: May 16 THIRD GRADE ONLY
Social Studies: May 17
Writing: May 18
* Field Test: Writing May 18 FOURTH and FIFTH GRADE ONLY
Friday, April 07 - Purple Up for the Military Child
Friday, April 7, Langford faculty and students will wear purple on support of our military students and their families.
Monday, April 03 - "Light it Up"
Wear Blue for Autism Awareness
Monday, April 03 - Afterschool Activities Cancelled Due to Weather
Richland Two cancels all afterschool activities for Monday, April 3, due to severe weather. This includes athletic practices, afterschool programs, and Community Conversations at VIVE Church.
Wednesday, March 15 - Welcome Literary Ladies!
You are cordially invited to attend Literary Ladies at Langford Elementary on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
If you would like to participate, please email Ms. Diequez.
Wednesday, February 22 - Join the Richland Two Team
Tuesday, January 17 - Choice Program
Important Dates for the Richland Two Choice Program:
November 29, 2016: Choice Fair (featuring Magnet Programs), R2i2 5:45-8:00
December 12, 2016: Choice Application Process Begins Online
January 27, 2017: Choice Application Process Ends Online (All applications are due by midnight Jauary 27, 2017)
March 27-31, 2017: Choice Acceptance/Non Acceptance Notifications Posted Online
March 27-31, 2017: Parents Accept or Decline Choice Online
For more information, visit the Richland Two website
Tuesday, November 15 - Turkey Burn -Zumba Style
What better way to burn off that big, turkey dinner than to do a little Zumba Fitness BEFORE? Come on out and join us on Thursday, November 17, 6:00-7:15 for some Family Fitness Fun. We will licensed Zumba instructors to lead everyone. We will dance the evening away! Come dressed ready to sweat, bring a water bottle, and make sure to wear your smile.
Tuesday, November 15 - Clemson/Carolina Food Drive
Get ready all you Gamecock and Tiger Fans! Our Annual Clemson/Carolina Food kicked off of November 7 and will run through November 22. We are collecting all canned good and and nonperishable items that will be donated to a local food in order to help our Blythewood community.
The food drive is another great opportunity for us to help our children gain a better understanding of Citizenship. We hope you will send in items and join Team Langford!
Thursday, August 04 - Back To School FYI
Hello Langford Families,
Welcome to another great school year! I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and ready to start the 2016- 2017 school year. We are so excited and are positive that this is going to be one of the best school years yet!
Here are a few reminders:
2. By August 12th you will be able to see who your child's teacher is through Parent Portal. Please note, class assignment can change due to our enrollment, gain or loss of a teacher, etc. This is something that does not happen often, but could.
3. If returning student updates are not completed or a new proof of residency has not yet been submitted, your child will not be assigned a teacher. Please make sure all updates are completed as soon as possible and our Registrar has a copy of your proof of residency. Updates can be accessed on Parent Portal.
4. Our Meet & Greet Pop-In will be on Monday, August 15th from 5:30-7:30 pm. This is a "drop in" for the whole family. You will be able to sign up for our after school program and/or other after school activities, visit your classroom, drop off your school supplies, and pay fees if you haven't done so by August 15th.
5. Do you want to avoid lines for fees? You can pay them online through Parent Portal and prior to Meet & Greet Pop-In!
6. First Day of School.....Wednesday, August 17th.
We are excited about a new year and all the wonderful things it will bring. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!!!