McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Act
The McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Act (Subtitle B - Education for Homeless Children and Youth), ensures educational rights and protections for students experiencing homelessness.
If you are believe your child may qualify for services under the McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Act, please contact the school social worker at your child’s school.
To learn about the McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Act, please resources listed below.
- What You Need to Know to Help Your Child in School
- Lo que necesita saber para ayudar a su hijo en la escuela
- Potential Warning Signs of Homelessness
- National Center for Homeless Education at (SERVE.org)
- National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth (NAEHCY.org)
Richland School District Two has procedures for receiving and resolving disputes pertaining to the transition of students experiencing homelessness. For more information, please click here. (link to the Dispute Resolution page)
McKinney Vento Liaison:
Abby Cobb, LISW-CP
Lead Social Worker / McKinney Vento Liaison