School bus transportation in Richland School District Two is a shared responsibility of the South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE) and the school district. This shared responsibility provides a transportation system that is safe, economical and efficient. Bus route are developed by the district and approved by the SCDE. Most school buses in Richland School District Two, provide services to three types of bus routes, one for school level (elementary, middle, and high). Some buses have multiple routes at elementary and high schools, servicing a total of four routes.
Below you will find answers to some commonly asked questions we receive about transportation services. Click on the question to see the answer.
- Who is eligible to ride the bus?
- Do I have to fill out paperwork for my child to ride the bus?
- Are young students also required to walk?
- Why can't the school bus come closer to my house?
- My child attends a school/magnet program he/she is not zoned for through Choice. Is he/she eligible for transportation services?
- Can I have my child picked up at one location in the morning and transported to another location after school?
- Why can't the bus come down my road?
- What time should children be at the bus stop?
- Where should children stand at the bus stop?
- Why can't the bus pick up and/or drop off my child where I work ?
- Why is my child's bus late?
- What is the maximum ride time for my child?
- Who sets school bus routes and schedules?
- Why did my child have to stand on the bus today?
- Who is responsible for safety at bus stops?
- Can my child be required to sit on a assigned school bus seat?
- Why can't I get on the bus to talk to the bus driver?
- Why can't my child bring their band instrument on the bus?
- Do I have to meet my children at the bus stop?
- What can I do to make my child's trip to school safe?
- Why are there no seat belts on school buses?
- Are the school buses breaking down more often?
- How many is too many students on a school bus?
- Are there cameras on the buses?
- What does a school bus cost, why are they so old, and why don't they have air conditioning?