The Planning Department works synergistically with schools and divisions across the district to ensure that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently. The team works to advance the superintendent’s initiatives and to support school board policies.
The Planning Department
- Develop forecasts, reports, and recommendations that support the district’s short‐ and long‐range
- Create annual school and district enrollment forecasts.
- Coordinate the continual updates and implementation efforts of the District Strategic Plan and any
continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintain school attendance boundaries and facilitate any rezoning decisions.
- Serve as liaison with neighborhood planning groups and other community organizations interested in
school planning and development.
- Assist new charter schools seeking sponsorship from the District in the application process.
- Coordinate with the State Department and AdvancEd on behalf of the District to assure compliance
- Monitors enrollment and demographics throughout the year and work collaboratively with Human
Resources and Finance to allocate resources based on district standards.
- Complete student enrollment projections for the upcoming school year to assist with staffing
- Work collaboratively with Operations to review/update the 10‐year facilities plan and Programming
Study as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Operations in the planning for and designing of future facilities throughout
- Works with all schools to assure all classrooms and programs have sufficient space to support 21st
- Manages the District’s GIS program and all spatial data.
- Work with County, City, State, COG, and other local organizations to track, analyze, and report trends
in housing and other economic shifts.