National Board Certification
Our district leads the state in the number of National Board Certified Teachers, with 701 educators who have earned this distinction. Teachers receive support for the process through workshops and mentoring groups.
Each successful candidate who applied before July 1, 2010 is awarded $7,500 from the state and $5,000 from the district every year for the life of 10-year certificate. Successful candidates who applied after July 1, 2010, are awarded $5,000 from the state and $5,000 from the district every year for the life of the 10-year certificate.
For more information and to get started, please boardcertifiedteachers.org
- Will educators be allowed to choose from any of the options on the Renewal Credit matrix for renewal credit work?
- Who is responsible for maintaining an educator’s renewal credit?
- Why can’t all educators use all of the options on the Renewal Credit Matrix?
- How will an educator receive his or her renewed certificate?
- If an educator leaves a district, what happens to his or her renewal credit?
- How do you determine if a Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is an International Association of Continued Education Training (IACET) CEU for Option 11?
- Why would a district refuse renewal credit for an activity an educator completed?