Programs for Military Families
Gratitude Initiative College Success Academy
This program is available to students in grades eight through 12 who have a parent who meets one of the following criteria:
Active duty US States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
- A veteran who was honorably discharged from active duty on or after 9/11/2011.
- Reserve or National Guard members who were activated for active duty services since 9/11/2011 & deployed in a combat zone.
- A combat wounded or disabled veteran with a service connected injury.
- A service member killed on active duty.
apply for the gratitude initiative college success academy
Allows your child to get to know their community before they arrive.
Provides them with someone who can show them the ropes in their new community.
- Helps reduce social isolation, leading to a healthier transition with reduced stress and at-risk behaviors.
- Gives youth a youth perspective on their new community and school.
- Allows you to focus on other aspects of transition, knowing that your child’s needs are being met.