Welcome to Spring Valley High School!
Our mission is to provide a secure environment and innovative educational experiences that will empower our students to achieve excellence and to take responsibility for their lives, their learning, and the world in which they live. Below you will find general information and resources to help support the many different needs of our families. If you do not find the information you need, please reach out to the school by calling 803-699-3500 and dialing 0 for the main office receptionist.
Winter Athletic Schedule
Purchase Online Tickets
Athletic Ticket Guidelines
What are the Attendance procedures?
- Attendance will be taken daily in PowerSchool. During required synchronous learning, students must show their faces at the beginning and end of class.
- Please visit the SVHS Attendance website for additional information.
- Students who had technical issues during a class and missed part or the whole class time must complete a Daily Participation Assignment (DPA) for each class they missed to be marked present. The DPA can be located with this link. The DPA will be the same reflection form for all classes.
- If you attended a class the whole time and your teacher marked you absent then you must email your teacher for the attendance change.
- If you missed a class for a doctor's appointment or any other reason please send Mr. Thomas (email@example.com) a picture of your doctor's note or an email from your parent excusing your absence. Mr. Thomas will send a readmit to your students teacher on their behalf.
Learning Model Selection Confirmation and Change Process
If you wish to change this learning model selection for phase 2, please follow the learning model change process below. Please refer to the Learning Model Change Table for the specific times you can make a change request for your child.
Learning Model Change Table
|If I submit a request for a learning model
change by 9:00 AM on ...
|It will go into effect on ...
Learning Model Change Process:
The legal guardian of the student will contact Mrs. Vanessa De Leon via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide her with the following information:
- Student Name
- Student ID
- Student DOB
- Legal Guardian Name
- New e-Learning Model Selection
- A copy of the legal guardians Driver License
Please check to see if your student owes any school fees by visiting your Parent Portal Account. Check, cash, credit, or debit cards will be accepted in our fee Office Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00pm, fees can also be paid through your parent portal account online. The fee window will be open before school, during lunch and after school for students.
How to check my child's grades on Parent Portal?
Getting to know Parent Portal
How to get Richland Two PowerSchool Mobile App (Richland Two District code is ZNWW)
Student and Parent Resources:
2020 Parents' Guide to Google Classroom
SVHS Phase 3 Parent Information Meeting Recording- 3/11/21
SVHS Phase 3 Parent Information Meeting Presentation- 3/11/21
SVHS Parent University General Session Recording 3/2/21
Motivating Your Student - SVHS Parent University Recording 3/2/21
Google Classroom & Tutoring - SVHS Parent University Recording 3/2/21
Virtual Spring Open House
Class of 2024 Viking Visionaries Parent Meeting 10/7/20
Richland Two Parent E-learning Support website
Richland Two Back to School website
Back To School Orientation Welcome Video
Back To School Orientation
Recording of Spring Valley Parent Back to School Q & A meeting
Spring Valley Counseling Department
What is the school schedule?
20-21 High School Phase 2 Student Bell Schedule
Student Handbook 2020-2021
What if have Technology issues?
Here is the protocol to follow if you are having Chromebook issues:
- Parents must first work with teachers.
- Teachers may consult with TLCs if necessary.
- TLCs may determine if a work order is needed.
Again only TLCs can recommend students go to the service center. TLCs must only direct parents to service centers if it's a physical Chromebook damage/failure issue, or if it's a hotspot pickup or swap.
New Student to Richland 2 - Chromebook & Email Instructions
If you have questions about bus transportation, you can go to the Richland 2 Bus Transportation website or you can contact Spring Valley Adminster, Ghanbria Harris at email@example.com.
Who do I contact if I have a question?