Due to safety considerations NO child may be checked out during Protected Time from 2:15 to 2:45. Children are not dismissed from the front office after school. Students needing to change transportation other than the transportation they regularly ride must have written permission from their parent. Administrator’s signature is required for ALL bus transportation changes. This note must have a daytime phone number listed and be brought to the main office during homeroom.
- Many children are walked to Summit Parkway in the afternoon.
- These children will be escorted to Summit Parkway by an Assistant Principal and/ or other staff members.
- Traffic is stopped and students are escorted across Summit Parkway by Richland 2 staff.
- Students may be picked up once he or she has exited through the back gate of North Springs.
- All kindergarten aged children must be picked up by their parent, guardian, or older sibling at the gate of the school.
- Due to safety concerns, no cars are allowed to park on Summit Centre Drive to pick-up Summit Walkers per Richland County Sheriff Department.
These students remain in their classrooms and are called to report to the auditorium at 2:40. Roll is taken before the children are escorted out.
If you regularly meet your child at Summit Walkers, but you are not there one day to do so, your child(ren) will be returned to car riders. If your child(ren) has not been picked up by 3:20, your child will be in the cafeteria with an adult until picked up. There will be a $10 fee per child per late pick up.
For the safety of the children, if it is lightning and thundering, students who are Summit Walkers will need to be picked up by a parent or guardian in the car rider line. Please have a plan in place for who will be responsible for pick up.