Due to safety considerations NO child may be checked out during Protected Time from 2:15 to 2:45. Students needing to change transportation other than the transportation they regularly ride must have written permission from their parent. Administrator’s signature is required for ALL bus transportation changes. This note must have a daytime phone number listed and be brought to the main office during homeroom.
If you will be driving your child to school, you will find the following information helpful:
- Car riders enter the school at the first long driveway (closest to Summit Parkway intersection). Student drop-off begins at 7:30 a.m.
- For safety reasons, students may NOT be dropped off at the front of the school. There is no adult supervision until 7:30 a.m. If you need to drop off prior to 7:30 a.m., you will need to register for Chirpers.
- The speed limit in the driveway is 10 m.p.h. There are speed bumps along this driveway and a stop sign by the crossing area.
- You will pull around the loop to drop off your child. Please pull up as far as you can – all the way to the curve - before your child exits.
- For their safety, students must exit the car on the sidewalk side of the vehicle, since there is a second lane on the left to help with exiting traffic.
- Car riders report to the cafeteria if they eat breakfast. Students that do not eat breakfast will report to assigned areas. Staff will be on duty to assist students to their assigned areas.
- Be prepared to tell us how your child will be going home the first day so we can note this for the homeroom teacher.
If you wish to walk in with your child in the morning, please use the same driveway and pull all the way to the back to park. You will be able to use the second lane to exit. You will be asked to sign in when you enter the cafeteria. Please wear your VISITOR sticker while on campus at all times.
Our car rider line moves very quickly. Students wait in the cafeteria. When your car approaches the circle, the duty person will ask your child’s name and will call by radio for them to report to the “red line,” so they will be outside by the time you pull up to the sidewalk. Please do not gesture for your child to come to your car. The duty person will tell the children when it is time for them to board. Please remain in your car while in the line.
If your child(ren) has not been picked up by 3:20, your child will be in the cafeteria with an adult until picked up. There will be a $10 fee per child per late pick up.
For safety reasons, no one will be allowed to enter the cafeteria at the end of the day to pick up children.
If it is lightning and thundering, parents or guardians may come in to the cafeteria to pick up his/ her child(ren). Otherwise, normal car rider procedures will continue when the storm passes.