Due to the safety consideration NO child may be checked out during Protected Time from 2:15 – 2:45. If students need to change transportation other than the transportation they regularly ride they must have written permission from their parent. Administrator’s signature is required for ALL bus transportation changes. This note must have a daytime phone number listed and be brought to the main office during homeroom.
If you will be driving your child to school, you will find the following information helpful:
If you wish to walk in with your child in the morning, please use the same driveway and pull all the way to the back to park.
- Car riders enter the school at the first long driveway (closest to Summit Parkway intersection). Student drop-off begins at 7:30 am
- For safety reasons, students may NOT be dropped off at the front of the school.
- The speed limit in the driveway in 10 m.p.h. There are speed bumps along this driveway and a stop sign by the crossing area.
- You will pull around the loop to drop off your child. Please pull up as far as you can- all the way to the curve-before your child exits.
- For their safety, students must exit the car on the sidewalk side of the vehicle, since there is a second lane on the left to help with exiting traffic.
- Car riders report to the cafeteria if they eat breakfast. Students that do not eat breakfast will report to assigned rooms. Staff will be on duty to assist student to their assigned areas.
- Be prepared to tell us how your child will be going home the first day so we can note this for the homeroom teacher.
You will be able to use the second lane to exit. You will be asked to sign in when you enter the cafeteria. Please wear your VISITOR sticker while on campus at all times.
Our car rider lines move very quickly. Students wait in the cafeteria.
When your car approaches the circle, the duty person will ask your child’s name and will call by radio for them to report to the “red line” so they will be outside by the time you pull up to the sidewalk. Please do not gesture for your child to come to your car.
The duty person will tell the children when it is time for them to board. Please remain in your car while in the line.
Parents will be given a rear-view mirror tag indicating their child’s name. Please have the tag visibly displayed off the rearview mirror to expedite the dismissal process. Parents without the rearview mirror tag will be required to show ID to verify authorization for student pick up.
Please note that non-NSE students under the age of 18 are NOT permitted on campus at dismissal.