Due to the safety consideration NO child may be checked out during Protected Time from 2:15 – 2:45. If students need to change transportation other than the transportation they regularly ride they must have written permission from their parent. Administrator’s signature is required for ALL bus transportation changes. This note must have a daytime phone number listed and be brought to the main office during homeroom.
We have included a bus route schedule. If your child is a bus rider, locate the stop closest to your home address. The pick-up time is listed.
Bus students arrive at the front of the school and are greeted by North Springs Staff. They report to the cafeteria if they eat breakfast. Students that do not eat breakfast will report to assigned areas. Staff will be on duty to assist students to their assigned areas.
At the end of the day, student will remain in their classroom or assigned areas until their bus number is called. The buses are loaded at the front of the school.
RULE OF CONDUCT FOR BUS STUDENTS
The bus schedule (time, place, etc.) is given at the opening of school and to new students at registration. Students needing to ride a bus other than the bus they regularly ride must have written permission on the Richland Two Pass Form from their parent and an administrator’s signature. This note must have a daytime phone number listed and brought to the main office during homeroom. This allows us to verify the transportation change for that day. This service is based on bus space available. Students experiencing problems on the bus should contact an administrator for help. In order to make the buses a pleasant and as safe as possible, please follow these rules:
- Stay seated at all times
- Keep arms and head inside the bus window.
- Outside of ordinary conversation, classroom conduct is to be observed.
- Absolute silence is required at all railroad crossings
- The driver is in full control of the bus and the students. Riders much obey the driver.
- The driver will assign seats to promote order on the bus.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed on the bus.
- Stand away from the roadway while waiting for the bus.
- Wait for the driver’s signal before crossing the road. Walk ten feet in front of the bus.
- Bus riders must be on time. The bus cannot wait for those who are tardy.
- School and bus rules apply to behavior while waiting for and leaving the bus.
- Students are responsible for any damage to bus equipment.
Bus students reported for inappropriate behavior on the bus or while waiting for or leaving the bus stop will be disciplined in the following manner:
First offense: Warning or up to five days suspension from the bus and/or parent conference.
Second offense: Warning, conference, or up to ten days suspension from bus and/or parent conference.
Third offense: Up to fifteen days suspension from the bus.
Fourth offense: Student may be removed from the bus for the remainder of the semester or for the remainder of the year.
Please note that non-NSE students under the age of 18 are NOT permitted on campus at dismissal.