The Richland School District Two follows the State of South Carolina Department of Archives and History guidelines to archive and maintain student cumulative records of former Richland School District Two students.
Per District policy and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) student records are only available to those who have authorization from the student or parent, guardian or responsible person if the student is less than 18 years of age. If the student is 18 years of age or older, school records will not be released to a parent, guardian, or responsible person without the student’s written consent.
All requests for student records / information will be submitted and paid for online. Phone and fax requests will no longer be accepted.
Please note the information below:
- Charges will apply when ordering student records for alumni.
- Current students seeking copies of records should contact their school counseling department.
- Current June graduates are able to order transcripts at no charge until July 31. After that date, you will be charged as an alumni.
- Please allow 10 business days to process student record orders
- Requests for information must be completed online and will be processed during normal business days (Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM-4:30 PM). During the summer, normal business days are Monday through Thursday.
Alumni, need to order your transcripts, birth certificate, or immunization records? Then click on the button associated with your alum high school. The cost of each transcript, birth certificate, and immunization record is $5 for electronic copies and $9 for paper copies.
For More Information, Contact:
The last school you attended or graduated from in Richland School District Two:
Blythewood High School - 803-691-4090 ext. 28019
Richland Northeast High School - 803-699-2800 ext. 79820
Ridge View High School - 803-699-2999 ext. 298
Spring Valley High School - 803-699-3500 ext. 69010
Westwood High School - 803-691-4049 ext. 36017
All requests will be checked for accuracy. Any inaccurate information may result in your record not being processed. All communication with regard to your order, payment, our progress, and the records delivery will be sent via email.