Forest Lake Information
We are Forest Lake Elementary. We’re proud to be a NASA Explorer School and Elementary Learning Collaborative (eLc) Magnet. Our NASA Explorer program is designed for students of all ages and grades and helps develop an interest in STEM programs through the use of NASA educational resources, Project Lead The Way (PLTW), and hands-on experiments. The eLc program, unique to Forest Lake Elementary, provides a rigorous program of study for students ready to accept the challenges of an accelerated curriculum.
Forest Lake Elementary is a uniform school. Based on suggestions from our School Improvement Council and surveys from parents, we adopted a uniform code which includes the basics such as solid color shirts, khakis, and/or jeans. Wearing school uniforms has had a positive impact on our students, faculty, and the quality of our classroom instruction.
What makes Forest Lake Unique?
• Video conferencing with NASA and scientist
• Project Lead The Way
• NASA Lab
• Inquiry approaches where questions lead to understanding
• Whole school technology integration using a variety of devices
• Forest Lake Today state-of-the-art broadcast production news studio
• Video/multimedia productions
• STARLAB indoor planetarium
• LEGO Robotics teams