Resuming Marching Band Practice
June 29, 2020 Update
The start of athletics and band practices has been delayed due to the increase in COVID-19 cases. Practices will not begin on June 29.
June 15, 2020 Update
Richland Two Parents,
On June 29, 2020, Richland School District Two will resume practice for marching band. The health and safety of our students and employees are our top priorities. We ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to implement procedures to support recommendations by the CDC.
It’s important that our families know that we are taking all required precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19. All band staff will attend mandatory protocol training. The district has in place cleaning schedules for all facilities to mitigate the spread of germs. Students and employees will be required to follow guidelines such washing hands frequently, wearing face coverings and practicing social distancing.
These procedures do not guarantee that the transmission of the COVID-19 will not occur. There is still a risk of transmission and contracting COVID-19 or other illnesses. Students who either have pre-existing medical conditions that place them at higher risk of infection or who do not want to risk contracting COVID-19 should refrain from participating in these activities until further notice.
A list of important guidelines follows
Please contact your child’s school band director with specific questions about your child’s activities.
- Parents will sign a waiver prepared by the district in order for their student to participate.
- All staff and students will be screened for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 prior to each practice.
- All students staff will be required to wear a face covering. All students must wear a face covering when not actively participating in the activity and when not inhibitory.
- Staff must wear a face covering at all times.
- All students and staff should continue to follow current CDC advice related to COVID-19 prevention including staying home when sick, frequent hand washing, avoiding touching face and social distancing.
- Students should bring a personal water bottle to each practice and not share this bottle with anyone. There can be no shared water, food, sunscreen/lotions, make-up products, etc.
- Students should report to rehearsals in proper gear and immediately return home to shower at the end of the rehearsal. Use of storage and changing rooms is prohibited.
- Facilities and high touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized often.
- Staff will monitor heat conditions and have Emergency Action Plans in place for all activities.
- Rehearsals will be conducted in “pods” of students with the same 5-10 students always rehearsing together.
- No gathering of more than 10 people total at a time (inside or outside) in a facility. (Facility: Single Classroom, band room, football field quadrant, gymnasium, multi-purpose room, and similar spaces).