Rules and Regulations for the Richland Library Sandhills and Richland School District Two
The Richland Two Institute of Innovation (R2i2) is owned and operated by Richland School District Two. All portions of the buildings and grounds (except the Richland Library that is leased from the district) are under the jurisdiction of Richland School District Two. The rules and regulations are for the safety of all students, staff, guests and visitors. It is also to ensure the cleanliness and longevity of the building. All staff, students, visitors, and guests will abide by the following basic rules and regulations below:
Policy KF Community Use of School and District Facilities
The board's primary concern is the safety and well-being of the district's students, personnel, and community members.
Organizations that may be allowed to use school district facilities are those that do the following:
- Hold educational, religious, civic, social, or recreational meetings and/or activities for such purposes as promoting the welfare of the community, provided such meetings are non-exclusive and open to the general public.
- Conduct events that support educational or athletic groups, teams, or clubs sponsored by a Richland Two School.
- Use school facilities for polling places, for holding elections, or for registration of voters.
Organizations that will not be allowed to use school district facilities are those that do the following:
- Promulgate any theory or doctrine subversive to the laws of the United States or any political subdivision thereof or advocate governmental changes by violence.
- Sponsor any activity that may result in damage to school facilities, grounds, and/or equipment.
- Have any purpose in conflict with school activities.
- Promote fund-raising activities by commercial organizations not affiliated with the school or district. The board will not rent any building or property or part thereof to an individual or group when the event's sole purpose is private or corporate financial gain.
Tobacco products are not permitted on any part of district property. Tobacco products include but are not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, bid is, kreteks, smokeless tobacco, snuff, and alternative nicotine products such as e-cigarettes and electronic vapor devices.
Richland Library Sandhills – Richland School District Two
Rules and Regulations
As specified in the Ground Lease and Operating Agreement, the following are the Rules and Regulations for the Richland Two Institute of Innovation.
Building Rules and Regulations
Richland Two Premises (Common Areas, District Office, Student Area, Conference Center, Parking Lot)
- Any action or behavior that is disruptive, disturbing or potentially harmful to others is not permitted including but not limited to:
- Fighting, challenging to fight or provoking violence;
- Loud talking and other noisy activities, including use of cell phones or other electronic devices;
- Blocking or interfering with the free movement of individuals; and
- Offensive personal hygiene.
- Any acts or conduct in violation of federal, state or local laws, ordinances or regulations is not permitted, including but not limited to:
- Disorderly conduct
- Sexual activity
- Possession of weapons of any type
- Possession, consumption or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Use of tobacco (smoke or smokeless) inside the building or on the building grounds
- Sleeping, loitering or remaining in the building or on the building grounds for no obvious reason is not permitted.
- Solicitations, surveying, political campaigning, selling of any kind, distributing or posting of materials is not permitted unless approved by the Assistant Superintendent for Schools.
- Using R2i2 for child care services; leaving a child under 11 years of age for any amount of time (children 10 and under must be attended by someone 16 years of age or older); or leaving a child under the age of 18 for an excessive period of time or after closing is prohibited.
- Personal possessions must not be left unattended.
- Guests and visitors must not use restrooms improperly, which include solicitation, meetings, bathing, or shaving.
- Shirt and Shoes and Proper Dress are required.
- Animals are not allowed in the building unless they are service animals.
- Bicycles, skates, skateboards, scooters or recreational wheeled device are not allowed in building.
- Food and beverages are not allowed on carpeted areas of the lobby. All food and beverages must be disposed of properly.
- Common area seating is on a first-come, first-served basis for up to 10 people. If groups will be meeting with more than 10 people they will need to reserve space through the Director of the R2i2 Conference Center. Furniture must be used in an appropriate manner. If furniture is moved it needs to be put back in the way it was found.
- Nothing may be removed from the building.
- Visitors may reserve break out room spaces in the lobby on a first-come, first-served basis for no more than 2 hours. Visitors must check out the room at the reception desk.
- All visitors and guests to the Richland Two District Office and Student Learning Center must check with the reception desk to receive a visitor pass. An identification card is required to get access into the secure areas of the building. Guests and visitors are only allowed in the common area of the building and are not allowed in badge areas of building.
- The second floor of R2i2 (Conference Center Pre-Function Area) is closed to the general public. The second floor is only open to attendees of events on the second floor.
- All guests and visitors must enter and exit the building through the main entrance of the lobby. Only students and staff with access may enter or exit other areas of the building.
- No music or other sounds can be played in the common area. All music and other sounds must be listened to through headphones. Music and other sounds are only allowed during special events where the music or noise is being displayed.
- No running, horseplay, or other boisterous behavior is allowed.
- Richland Two offers limited internet access to guests and visitors in the common area. All internet activity is regulated by Richland Two and all who agree to Richland Two’s online usage policy.
- Guests and visitors are only permitted to use district-owned computers for increments of 1 hour at a time and no more than 3 hours maximum a day. There is no access to printers, scanners, or copying in the lobby.
- Any person who has been put on trespass notice at any Richland Two facility is not allowed at R2i2.
- Any current student who is suspended is allowed only in the library.
- All other Rules and Regulations not mentioned above are addressed in Richland Two School Board Policy, Student Handbook, and Employee Handbook.
- Anyone who does not abide by the rules and regulations are subject to warning, removal from facility, to be put on trespass notice, or arrest.
- Richland Two Security and staff will assist in monitoring that all abide by these rules and regulations. The Assistant Superintendent for Schools, Mr. Keith Price, will handle all disciplinary issues in the building.
Richland Library Sandhills Branch
- All students, staff, guests, and visitors of the Richland Library are subject to the Richland Library Code of Conduct.