Looking for immunization information or a list of contagious or communicable diseases? Click on the links on the right.
Important information for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 school year
- All students entering the Seventh (7th) grade are required to have a Tdap shot (to prevent Whooping Cough/ Pertussis) prior to the first day of school.
- Beginning in August 2020, all Kindergartners will be required to have Two (2) Hepatitis A shots prior to beginning Kindergarten.
- If your child is in need of vaccinations and you do not have a regular physician/ medical home, you can call the SC DHEC Immunization Appointment line to see if your child qualifies to obtain their vaccinations through their programs. Please call 1-855-472-3432
To be in alignment with the Joint Advisory Opinion from the Boards of Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy there will be a few changes to medication procedures this year:
- Prescription medications will continue to require a medication permission form signed by both the parent and the physician. The medication must be provided in a current prescription labeled bottle from the pharmacy.
- Herbal medications/ supplements, Homeopathic medications/ supplements, and all Aspirin containing medications have always been treated as a prescription medication. Therefore, according to the joint advisory opinion guidelines, Herbal medications/supplements, Homeopathic medications/ supplements, and all Aspirin containing medications will still require a medication permission form signed by both the parent and the physician. In addition, a pharmacy labeled bottle will be required for the medication to be administered at school by the nurse or other designated personnel.
- Non-prescription/ over-the-counter medications can continue to be administered according to the manufacturer's directions on the label with a current medication permission form signed by the parent.
- If your child requires a dosage of Non-prescription/ over-the-counter medications higher than the manufacturer's recommended dosage, e.g. 3 Advil, a medication permission form signed by both the parent and the physician, and the medication must be provided in a current prescription labeled bottle from the pharmacy.
Authorization of Medical Records:
Individual Health Plans:
Medication Permission Form:
Special Dietary Needs:
Adobe Reader is required to open some of these documents. A FREE copy can be downloaded from www.Adobe.com.