Frequently Asked Questions for Annual Registration
For the 2017–2018 school year, Richland School District Two will again be using an online process for providing annual proof of residence, verifying student information, and reviewing and completing Parent/Legal Guardian agreements.
On April 17, 2017, you should receive an email containing instructions for completing the information update process through Parent Portal. Beginning April 17, parents will be able to access the online registration system through Parent Portal to complete the annual registration process.
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help parents. We will continue to update this document as questions arise.
Haga clic aquí para la Inscripción Anual Preguntas Frecuentes en Español.
1. What information will this system collect?
- Proof of Residence
- Health Information (Doctor, Insurance, History, Conditions and Medications)
- Transportation (Bus Eligibility and Method of Transportation)
- Parent/Legal Guardian Agreements (Health Information Policy, Medical Information Release, Responsible Use Procedures and Terms and Conditions for Device Usage, Address Verification Agreement)
- Electronic Signature acknowledging all information is correct
2. Do I need a Parent Portal Account to complete the update?
If you’ve never accessed Parent Portal you will need to create an account to complete the process. The email on April 17 contains instructions on accessing Parent Portal or you can click here. If you have questions about creating an account or logging into Parent Portal please contact the registrar for your child's school.
3. Do I need to create an account for each of my children?
No, you only have to complete one Parent Portal account per family. Use that same account to update information for each of your students.
4. Will I need to complete the update for each child attending Richland Two?
If all of your children attended school in Richland Two during the 2016–2017 school year, we recommend that you complete and submit one form and then start another for each child. Once the first form is completed you will be allowed to "snap" (or share) selected family information for additional children when you start the process for the next child. This means that once you enter your name, address, emergency contacts, etc., for one child, you can automatically link to your next child’s form without having to re-enter the data. You will be required to provide information that is specific for each child.
5. What should I do if I do not have an email address?
In order to receive accurate communication and information, we advise you to open an email account. Several online companies allow you to sign up for a free email account. If you need help creating an account, every school has a Technology Learning Coach (TLC) who can help you sign up for a free Google email account. Once you have created your email account, please visit your child’s school to provide them your current email.
6. Will I need a Snapcode to access my account?
No. You should not have to enter a Snapcode in order to complete registration. If you are prompted to enter a Snapcode, you will need to contact your school’s registrar so your account can be checked. Once a small change is made, you will be able to access your account without a Snapcode.
7. What should I do if I do not have Internet access?
If you do not have access to the Internet at home, local library, or other location, your child’s school can provide access to a school computer to register online.
8. What if I have a child who is currently not attending a Richland Two school?
If your child did not attend any Richland Two school during the 2016–2017 school year you will need to fill out a new student registration form located here. You will enter your child's information and digitally share documentation just as the current students with one exception. At the conclusion of the new student data entry, you will be prompted to make an appointment with the registrar.
Please note: If your child is moving from a Richland Two elementary school to a Richland Two middle school, or middle school in the district to a high school in the district, your student is considered a returning student. You should receive an email to complete the annual online registration for returning students.
9. What if I did not receive an email containing instructions for the information update?
First check you spam filter to see if the email was blocked. If you have not received your email containing instructions to complete the information update by the afternoon of Tuesday, April 18, you will need to visit your child’s school with photo identification to update your email address on file.