Our mission is to encourage and support excellence in Richland School District Two by enhancing educational opportunities for students, fostering community involvement, and providing resources that promote success in the district.
The Education Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization established in August 2000. The foundation's objective is to raise funds and promote educational programs for the district by soliciting and accepting donations from business groups, individual corporations, foundations and individuals-at-large. A community board, whose members serve one to three year terms, governs the foundation.
- Strengthening our community through high quality public education.
- Challenging our students with outstanding educational opportunities.
- Supporting district efforts in providing both basic and extraordinary educational opportunities.
How can you help?
Please join the foundation in making a positive impact in the lives of our students and faculty members. Consider the following ways in which you can make a difference:
- Volunteer time or services
- Donate equipment or supplies
- Contribute financial gifts
- Establish a charitable trust
- Designate memorial gifts
- Fund a scholarship
If you would like to join the foundation or make a gift, please contact Amy Cain, President, Richland Two Education Foundation, 124 Risdon Way, Columbia, SC 29223. All financial gifts are tax-deductible.
Examples of Foundation Projects:
- Richand Two Ready to Read
- Helping Families project
- Teacher of the Year celebration
- Sparkleberry Fair
- Grants-2-Teachers program
- Facilitates student scholarships