Additional Staff and Programs
Teens as Parents Program (TAPS)
Teen Parent Coordinator: Erica Booth
Purpose: Work with pregnant and parenting teens in middle and high schools in Richland School District Two through individual visits and in weekly group settings utilizing the Young Dads, Young Moms Parent as Teachers program model. Teen Parent Coordinator provides services to each high school one day a week and middle schools as needed.
Primary role is to serve as an outreach to families to help decrease barriers to a successful education.
- Assess situations and circumstances involving students and families to determine their need for a referral to school social work or other services.
- Communicate with school staff on the needs of students and families. Communicate with students and families appropriate school information.
- Provides assistance to school social workers, administrators, teachers, or teams in planning and implementing services to meet the needs of students and families.
- Serves as a liaison between students, parents, the school, the community, and other agencies. Makes referrals for students and parents to appropriate agencies or resources within the school or community. Maintains communication with school staff regarding referrals made.
Serve as the Outreach Work for the Skills for Work & Life Program (SL&WP) through Richland Two Adult Education Center.
- Recruit participation in the SL&WP.
- Retain enrollment and attendance for program participants.
- Coordinate child care for the participants in the SL&WP.
- Assess family needs for school and community resources.
- Coordinate extra educational programs for the participants and their children. (Example: reading club, boy scouts, health fairs, computer classes, etc.)
Please contact Nelly Jolley for questions or further information or you may contact Abby Cobb, Lead Social Worker, at firstname.lastname@example.org .