July 24, 2020 Update
Conditioning for high school sports will begin August 3. Per the South Carolina High School League rules, practice will begin August 17. Please click here to visit the SCHSL website for the latest information.
June 29, 2020 Update
The start of athletics practices has been delayed due to the increase in COVID-19 cases. Practices will not begin on June 29.
June 15, 2020 Update
Richland Two Parents,
On June 29, 2020, Richland School District Two will resume conditioning for fall sports. The South Carolina High School League task force has proposed a three-phase approach. Richland Two is currently in Phase One. As yet, SCHSL has not released phases two and three, and movement through these phases is contingent upon successfully meeting the challenges of any prior phase.The health and safety of our students and employees are our top priorities. We ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to implement procedures to support recommendations.
It’s important that our families know that we are taking all required precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19. All athletics staff will attend the mandatory protocol training prior to Phase 1. The district has in place cleaning schedules for all facilities to mitigate the spread of germs. Students and employees will be required to follow guidelines such as frequent handwashing, wearing face coverings and practicing social distancing.
These procedures do not guarantee that the transmission of the COVID-19 will not occur. There is still a risk of transmission and contracting COVID-19 or other illnesses. Students who either have pre-existing medical conditions that place them at higher risk of infection or who do not want to risk contracting COVID-19 should refrain from participating in these activities until further notice.
A list of important guidelines follows:
- Parents will sign a waiver prepared by the district in order for their student to participate in any activity.
- All staff and athletes will be screened for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 prior to each practice.
- All athletes, coaches and staff will be required to wear a face covering.
- All athletes and staff should continue to follow current CDC advice related to COVID-19 prevention including staying home when sick, washing hands frequently, avoiding touching face and practicing social distancing.
- Athletes should bring a personal water bottle to each workout and not share this bottle with anyone.There can be no shared water, food, sunscreen/lotions, make-up products, etc.
- Athletes, coaches and staff should come dressed for participation. Use of locker rooms and/or offices is prohibited. Students should immediately return home to shower at the end of the practices.
- Facilities and high touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized often.
- Staff will monitor heat conditions and have Emergency Action Plans in place for all activities.
- Group size should be limited to 10 persons per facility including coaches and staff whenever inside of an indoor or outdoor enclosed space.
- Balls and/or other sports equipment will not be used during the first two weeks or the first 14 days of practice.
- When using weight rooms, practicing calisthenics, running, or other conditioning training where vigorous exercise occurs, proper spacing from others must be maintained by working out with 12 feet minimum between each person. (This may require restricting the use of or moving some equipment.)
Please contact your child’s head coach or the school’s athletic director with specific questions about your child’s sports activities.
Forms and waivers/Formas y exenciones
Richland Two requires parents to complete the documentation at the following link in order for children to participate in middle and high school athletics.
Richland Two requiere que los padres completen la documentación en los siguientes enlaces para que los niños participen en el atletismo de la escuela secundaria.