Dent is a Title 1 School
About Our School
Richland District Two Board of Trustees
Students & Families Campus Hub
Faculty and Staff
Former Teachers of the Year
Programs and Magnets
The Learning Collaborative Magnet
TWO Academies Magnet
Cell Phone and Electronic Use
Family Friendly Standards
Online Textbook Links
RSD2 Military Family Support
Technology Support & Assistance
Responsible Use Procedures
Technology Insurance Fee
Traducciones ~ Translations ~ 번역
Dent Middle School
90 Years and Counting...
In 1922, the Dentsville district was a two teacher school located in a small frame building in the community.
Between 1930 and 1950, the school population increased rapidly due in part to the consolidation of Pontiac, Messers, Shady Grove, and Fort Jackson Districts with the Dentsville District. The reactivation of Fort Jackson and the development of the community as a suburban area of Columbia were additional factors in the district's growth.
Since the 1950's, the Richland School District Two has seen rapid growth. Construction of elementary schools, junior high schools, and high schools have transformed Dent Middle School. Dent has grown from a five classroom school to a sprawling campus.
As the birthplace of excellent education, Dent Middle School takes pride in its role as the founding school of Richland School District Two.
Recursos en Español