Technology @ BMS
Contact: Tyler Abernathy, TLC e-mail: email@example.com 803 691-6850 ext. 85309
The 1TWO1 computing initiative is an integral part of the Richland Two Story. Using technology, students will inquire and explore their world. Transformative technologies will ignite a joy of learning in our students and inspire them to become 21st century learners. Students will work collaboratively on authentic problem and project-based activities which enhance creativity, critical thinking, communication and problem solving. Through personalized, authentic and collaborative experiences, our students will develop the skills to prepare them for a future that we can only imagine.
Goals of the Technology Integration
1. Improved Student Learning: Through instructional strategies that apply best practices in teaching with technology and a variety of resources which support the curriculum, student learning will improve.
2. Meaningful Student Engagement: We will offer 1 TWO 1 computing to make school more engaging and relevant for our students and to support meaningful and more challenging work as described in the Richland Two Story.
3. 21st Century Skills: We will ensure that students have high level 21st century skills which will prepare them for a successful future.
4. Project and Problem-based Learning Opportunities: Through personalized, authentic, and collaborative experiences, students will solve problems and demonstrate their learning through project-based activities.
5. Equity of Access: We will bridge the digital divide by providing all students with access to technology tools and resources for anytime, anywhere learn.
In addition to their own computing device, students have access to a wide variety of technology at Blythewood Middle School such as iPods, digital cameras, video cameras, NOOKs and web-based applications.