|Sarah Moore, R.N.
803 691-6850 OFFICE 803 691-6860 FAX
Forms and Documents:
Health services at Blythewood Middle School are implemented with the goal of enhancing the educational process of the students by modifying or removing health-related barriers to learning and by promoting an optimal level of wellness for both students and staff. This goal is implemented in a variety of ways. Blythewood Middle School has a fully equipped Health Room with a full-time registered nurse and a Health Room assistant. The Health Room is open from 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Students who become ill during the day should obtain a pass from a teacher or administrator and report to the Health Room with their student identification and the pass.
- The school does not furnish any medication to students, including Tylenol. Students who need to take medication during the school day must bring the medication in the original container with a note from the parent to the Health Room first thing in the morning.
- Medication sent without a parent note, or not properly labeled cannot be administered.
- All prescription medication, including inhalers, must be in the original prescription bottle or box, with the most recent prescription date on the label.
- Medication is administered only according to the prescription label, unless a physician’s note changes the dose of the medication.
- All prescription medications must have a physician's signature and parent signature on the medication prescription form.
- For field trips and after school activities, parents must provide medications for students. The Health Room will not do this. The only exception to this procedure is for emergency medications such as inhalers, Epi-pens, and diabetic supplies. The Health Room sends these medications/supplies only.
- Per district guidelines, if the medication sent on the field study is a prescription medication, a physician’s signature is required on the district medication form, or a physician note on his/ her letterhead or prescription pad.
- Students may not have responsibility for their own prescription and nonprescription medication for field studies unless they have submitted the required forms for self-administration of medication at school. This is for emergency medications only.
- All medications for field studies should be taken to the homeroom teacher the day of the field study.
- Please direct any questions to the school nurse, Mrs. Moore, R.N., at 691-6850 ext. 85410.