Policies and Procedures
Blythewood Academy Technology Policies and Procedures
Sending School Devices
Students must return their sending school device while attending Blythewood Academy. If students fail to return their sending school device, they could be charged $350 for the missing device. Students can return their sending school device and charger to the TLC, Mrs. Lauren Blackwell. If Mrs Blackwell is unavailable, students can return their sending school device to an administrator.
Parents may purchase a $20 insurance plan for their student's district-provided device at the start of each school year. The protection plan can be purchased within parent portal by September 30, 2019 OR within 30 days of the student's enrollment date.
Responsible Use Policy
Richland School District Two students must:
- Respect and protect their own privacy and the privacy of others.
- Use only assigned accounts.
- Keep personal information such as: name, address, phone number, etc. offline.
- Keep passwords secret.
- Have permission to photograph or videotape other individuals and to subsequently post these images or videos to the Internet.
- Respect and protect the integrity, availability, and security of all electronic resources.
- Observe all network security practices.
- Conserve, protect, and share these resources with other students and Internet users.
- Richland School District Two is not responsible for damages to personal digital technologies or electronic communication devices.
- Treat digital technologies with care, report any damages, security risks or violations to a teacher or administrator.
- Respect and protect the copyrighted/intellectual property of others.
- Cite all sources appropriately.
- Follow all copyright laws.
- Use electronic communication devices appropriately to assure academic integrity.
- Respect and practice the principles of community.
- Communicate only in ways that are kind, responsible, respectful and lawful.
- Use electronic communication devices for schoolwork only.
- Richland School District Two email should be used for schoolwork only.
- Report threatening or offensive materials to a teacher or administrator.