Pathway to Premier Facilities
On May 22, 2018, The Richland Two Board of Trustees adopted a Ten Year Facility Plan. This action by the Board is another significant action that will keep our district moving down the pathway to premier.
Our district began this journey in June 2017 when Dr. Baron R. Davis, superintendent-elect at the time, asked the Board to approve updated mission and vision statements for the district. At that board meeting in June 2017, we officially began pursuing the pathway to being the premier district….PERIOD.
A few months after taking over as superintendent, Dr. Davis unveiled “Pathway to Premier,” the district’s strategic plan for 2017-2020. Since then he has stated several times that the plan is the platform that elevates our students, our employees and our community. It serves as our drum beat as we march toward pursuing our vision.
Many district partners have spent countless hours researching, reviewing data, giving feedback and even dreaming about what it will take to ensure our facilities district-wide support our vision to be premier.
We must have premier facilities if we strive to:
- Ensure success for all partners by preparing them for their futures
- Dedicate resources towards the ongoing development of the gifts and talents of all partners
- Maintain a culture and environment that reinforces positive character traits and is joyful and productive for all partners
- Make the Richland Two community an all-inclusive and desirable place to live, work and play
- Recruit, develop and retain top talent -- premier employees, students, families and community members