W. R. Rogers Center
Home Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I request a copy of my transcript?

You can call 803-736-8787  to request a copy of your transcript. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing. We can fax, mail, scan/email transcripts, or leave it at the front desk for you to pick up.

How do I obtain a replacement copy of my GED or Diploma?

Adult Education does not keep copies of GED certificates or diplomas. You have to call the State Department of Education at 803-734-8347 and request a replacement copy. They will mail it to you. Generally, it takes a few weeks for processing.

Do you provide child care?

Childcare services are only offered through our ESL program at Windsor United Methodist Church.

Do you offer online classes?

We do not offer online GED classes. Diploma courses are completed online in conjunction with regular classroom attendance.

Do you provide transportation?

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide transportation for our students.


How many credits do I need to have in order to be eligible for the Diploma Completion Program?

You must already have obtained 16 high school credits. You can find out how many credits you have by requesting a copy of your transcript from your last high school.

Where do I take my diploma classes?

Classes are offered through the internet. We have partnered with Richland School District Two to provide your classes via the Virtual High School already established within the district. Students have access to our full-time English teacher, math tutor, and lab specialist weekly. 

What time can I can come in to work on my courses in the Diploma Lab? 

The diploma lab is open Mondays through Thursdays from 8:30 AM- 12:30 PM and Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:00 PM- 8:00 PM

I completed all the credits to earn my high school diploma. When will I receive my diploma?

The State Department of Education orders diplomas on a quarterly basis. Diplomas are mailed to the W.R. Rogers Center. Once received, we will be call you to let you know it is available for you to pick up. Please make sure upon completion of your credits, that our office has your correct contact information. 


I completed my GED. When will I receive my certificate?

The State Department of Education will mail your GED certificate to the mailing address listed in your www.ged.com account. Please verify that it is your most up-to-date mailing address. Please allow up to 6 weeks for receipt of your certificate.

How old do I have to be to take the GED?

You must be at least 17 years old to take the GED. This is a Pearson Vue and SC State Department of Education policy. If you are between 17 and 19 years of age, a Verification of Withdrawal Form MUST be submitted to the State Department BEFORE you can take the GED.

I need a transcript of my GED. How do I get that?

The W.R. Rogers Center does not generate GED transcripts. Only the State Department can provide these. You can contact them at 803-734-8347 to request a copy of your GED transcript.

If I don't want to take the classes, how do I register for the GED?

You can register for the GED at www.ged.com. You will need to create an account, so you can schedule your test at our authorized testing facility. The cost of the test is $150.

How long will it take me to get my GED?

Our program requires a minimum of 40 hours of in class instruction, but determination of when you are ready to take the GED is based upon your academic level, TABE scores, and GED Ready scores.

How long is the GED Test?

The test is a total of 445 minutes broken down into 4 sections:
Reading & Language Arts: 155 minutes
Math: 120 minutes
Social Studies: 75 minutes
Science: 95 minutes
Tests can be taken separately. 



I never received my WorkKeys certificate. How do I get that?

SC Works prints and mails WorkKeys certificates to the W.R. Rogers Center. These certificates are only printed for students who take and pass ALL portions of the WorkKeys exam. Certificates will be distributed to students at school upon receipt. If you did not receive a copy of your certificate, please contact our main office.