W. R. Rogers Center
Home History


The W.R. Rogers Center for Adult, Continuing and Technology Education officially opened in Richland School District Two in August 2002. The facility houses the district’s Adult and Continuing Education Program and Technology Training Center.  The center is named in memory of Willie R. Rogers, a man who dedicated his life to education.

Mr. Rogers spent a lifetime serving his country and his community. He began his career in education in Richland School District Two in 1957. Mr. Rogers was a math teacher and assistant principal at Bethel High School. In 1971, he moved to Dent Junior High where he served as assistant principal and principal. Two years later, Mr. Rogers became Richland Two’s Director of Adult and Continuing Education. He served in that capacity for 14 years. Mr. Rogers’ long and distinguished career spanned a total of 31 years in Richland School District Two. During that time, he touched the lives of many students.

The W.R. Rogers Center for Adult, Continuing and Technology Education is truly fortunate to be able to draw upon the vision of such an inspiring individual.  Willie R. Rogers knew that every student deserves an opportunity to succeed, and our center strives to ensure this.  Inspired by his example, we encourage our students to work as he did, to break through barriers and achieve ever greater goals.  In this way, we will always commemorate Mr. Rogers and the incredible contributions he made during his life.